Friday, May 4, 2012

Charlene

Since I wrote about my aide Yodit yesterday, I thoughtt I'd write about my other main aide today.  Charlene hasn't been working with me as long as Yodit has, but I like her. She's very good to me.  In fact, Charlene has taken it upon herself to fatten me up, as she puts it.  She's the one who's weighed me the past few times, and when she gives me lunch I always get plenty to eat and drink.  Sometimes she even gets me double desserts, and an ice cream sandwich before she goes home.  I can't remember the last time I had an ice cream sandwich before that.

Alas, Charlene has this weekend off, and with Yodit gone, I don't know who I'll have this weekend.  It's probably a mistake to rely so much on individuals in an institution this large, but, by the nature of what they do for me, I think my relationship with aides is bound to be personal at some level.  With luck, the aides I have this weekend will be some I know and trust-- and Charlene will be back Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment