Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Political Column

It seems I'm close to launching a political column.  John Dickerson, executive director of The ARC of Indiana, tells me they are working on the details now, including a contract for me.  This will be the third such arrangement I'll have.  Currently, the other blog I write, "The Way Out," is syndicated across a range of electronic platforms, and I also write a "Report On Science" monthly column for Continental Features/Continental News Service.  Neither of those brings in much money, however.

The new column will be a departure from the first two.  It will look at Medicare/Medicaid reform, especially how that relates to the concerns of The ARC and Self Advocacy of Indiana, both of which try to help disabled Hoosiers who want it get as much personal independence as possible.  Obviously, my desire for such independence is what led to the new column, as it did to this blog.  The column's approach and structure has yet to be established, but I am eager to get started on it.

John has suggested we might syndicate the column at some point.  He's also mentioned there might be a book in this for me.  John is a man of big ideas.  Still, I already have six completed novels I've written, and I think they have varying degrees of potential.  If I could sell some or all of them while making some sort of  reputation for myself as a journalist, my future could be brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment