Monday, May 21, 2012

Milk Of Magnesia

A young aide was just in here to give me some Milk of Magnesia.  I told her I didn't need it, but she told me the nurse had ordered her to give it to me, and she was obviously determined to follow her orders.  So, I took the damn stuff.

When I first came here, I had problems with my bowels, and they gave me Milk of Magnesia regularly-- not that it ever did any good.  But, I haven't needed any help in that area since February, so this came out of the blue.  I don't doubt the aide was told to give me the stuff-- she'd have no reason to do it otherwise-- but I have no idea why the nurse would do that.

I was extremely angry right after feeling forced to take the stuff-- so angry I delayed writing this entry until I calmed down a bit.  I hate feeling powerless.  Yes, I could have simply refused to take it, but I didn't want to blow it up into a big thing.  Living dependent on a bureaucracy, I suppose these things will happen.  Living in my own home with my own aides, though, it would never happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment