Thursday, May 31, 2012

Literary Agent

I took a shot at getting a literary agent yesterday, using this blog.  I sent him the link and asked if he thought it could form the basis for a book.  He didn't, but he was impressed enough with the writing to agree to look at my mystery novels.  I'm waiting to hear from him on that now.  It's a long shot, but he's with a very good agency.  He also seems to be a nice guy, so I'll be really happy if he takes me on.

True, I already have one agent, but she and the agency she's with only handles science fiction.  If I can get one to sell my mysteries, that would be a huge plus for me.  A good publishing contract could change my situation for the better.

2 comments:

  1. I really think your experiences shared on this blog would make a great book, even if only a relatively niche audience reads it. Have you considered self-publishing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self-publishing is difficult because to make it work you also have to develop and execute a marketing plan, set up a distribution network, etc. I have no knowledge of or experience with any of that.

    ReplyDelete